Volunteer Opportunities at the KMA
Contact Chelsea LLoyd at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering at the KMA!
- Work with interresting and creative people
- Develop new job skills
- 15% discount on museum shop merchandise
- Contribute to the arts in your community
- Have fun and make new friends
- Access to training about new exhibitions
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Reception
Age Requirement | 18 years and older
Projects & Special Events | Administration volunteers assist with projects and events Development, membership, or marketing.
- Basic clerical work; including mass mailings, filing, organization, etc.
- Computer Skills; including typing, spreadsheets, data entry, etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Access, Excel, Publisher, and Word are a plus
Alive After Five
Age requirement | Volunteers must be 21 years or older
Regular Museum Program | Live music performances on Friday evenings between 5 and 9pm.
- Assisting with setup and cleanup
- Checking tickets and greeting visitors
- Assisting with refreshments and various event duties
Age requirement | Volunteers must be 18 years or older
Museum Operations | Front Desk greeters provide friendly service to all of our visitors during regular museum hours Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm and Sundays 1-5pm.
- Greet, inform, and orient visitors
- Record visitor data
- Answer the museum’s main telephone line
Knoxville Museum of Art docents are professional members of the education department committed to facilitating meaningful conversations about the museum’s collection and exhibitions with audiences of all ages and backgrounds. We are seeking friendly, energetic volunteers who have a love of learning and enjoy sharing their knowledge with others. Please contact DeLena Feliciano, Assistant Curator of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-934-2041 for more information.
Family Fun Day
Age requirement | Volunteers must be 14 years or older
Education Special Event | A fun day of art making, family entertainment, and artists demonstrations.
- Assist with art projects and other activities
- Help with prizes, activities, and organization
- Setup and cleanup
Summer Art Academy
Age requirement | Volunteers must be 16 years or older
Education Program | Weeklong art classes for children ages 3 through 18.
- Act as a teacher’s assistant with class activities
- Help kids with breaks and snack time
- Setup and cleanup
Internships in our curatorial, education, marketing, and development departments are competitive and available to college seniors and graduate students. Although internships are unpaid, students sometimes arrange to earn college credit.
Interested parties should submit a resume with cover letter outlining the following:
- Hours needed
- Type of experience desired
- List of any criteria needed to meet institutional requirements
Please send all volunteer and internship inquiries to the Volunteer Coordinator.